Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Intentions, New Goals

Hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, my little hiatus gave me time to get a lot of things done that would have otherwise fallen by the wayside. But, I have been so utterly bored at times! I didn't realize how much I depend on my computer until I didn't have it to rely on. ACK! It truly is my lifeline to the outside world.

So, new year means new beginnings, right? I don't like to make resolutions. They're so . . . resolute. I like the way Barbe put it: INTENTIONS. My biggest intention for this coming year is ORGANIZATION. I believe that if things are organized, that the rest of it will just fall neatly into place. Organization is the path to health, wealth and happiness Chez Buchle this year, and by golly we are going to become organized if I have to beat every one of them on a daily basis! (On the upside, the others here in the house have eagerly taken to organization without dire threats from yours truly.) In fact, Natalie is here today taking away more items from her room so that it can morph into my new studio. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

So there you have it: my intention for 2009, which will make room for other, smaller intentions. I've read that if you do something for 90 days it becomes a habit that is difficult to break, so I'm giving it all I've got! And on that note, what are your intentions for this new year?

I've missed you all, but I'm back!!

2 comments:

Debba said...

Hi Theresa!

Great post on New Year's INTENTIONS. I intend to get organized and get healthier. (There's plenty of room for improvement in both of those!)

I just blogged about New Year's Resolutions and making girlfriends a priority in 2009. I intend to say 'Happy Birthday' (on the actual day!) to my girlfriends this year and to try to be the best girlfriend I can be.

Any fun girlfriend stories/blogs you'd like to share on Girlfriendology, please let me know. I'd love to feature you and your blog.

Happy 2009! Debba / Girlfriendology

Bead-Mused said...

Well thanks, Debba! I agree with making GFs priorities! After all, friends are the family we choose. And I've got stories, I just don't know if they'd let me tell them! LOL!

I appreciate the offer and I'll get in touch!
Happy New Year!
Theresa