Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Woes

Let's start with this. We live in the county just southwest of Austin. This does not bode well for anyone in Texas:



Ariel has the flu and is still home, but she's feeling much better today. I've got a jury summons shortly, and I've got a ton of work to do here in a very short time. I also spent most of yesterday taking my mom to the oncology clinic, where they were running half an hour late. *sigh* On top of it all, I spent most of the week in a drug induced fog! If it's not one thing, it's another.

Beady/artsy/work question for the day: What are you working on/creating/sorting/doing? For instance, I know that when Cat has not typing her fingers to the bone this week, she has been going through her UFOs and clearing them out one way or another. So share, we're nosy, we want to know what's going on over there. Hold it up so I can see better please. There ya go. Looks good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The drought has me quite worried. So what are my hubby and I doing? Digging a veggie garden plot. Hope, as they say, is the operant word.
Indoors, I am knitting a summer top for my daughter. I saw the pattern and just had to. While knitting, my mind is playing with designs. I'm mulling over a bracelet that looks like a cylinder cut at an angle, kind of like a french-cut green bean. One point would lay over the back of one's hand. Still pondering technique. I'm thinking I don't want it to be flat. It may be too hard to keep its shape.
How's your back doing? Once the weather allows, walking is very good for those muscles. I speak from experience.
Carol

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks for asking about the back. I've been walking. It's sitting in front of the computer that's hurting, but I've got work to do so I'm suffering through it with massages from T-man at bedtime. The bigger problem is the sore muscles in the legs, but it will be better in a couple of weeks.

I've got a few ideas on your angled tube. Let me get my pattern order out of the way & we'll brainstorm. As for keeping its shape, this is when I would recommend Fireline (or a good substitute) and very TIGHT stitches. Yes, that's right, I said to stitch it TIGHT! LOL!

And we've plotted out gardens. We're not about to let a little drought get us down!
later!
T

Bead-Mused said...

Hey Carol
Email me. I have a question and a suggestion for you.
Theresa