Monday, February 25, 2008

Sleep Study And Other Stuff

Well, you'll notice I didn't post this weekend. That's because I was totally exhausted. When you get to the sleep center, you hand over your paperwork and get led to your room (which was very tasteful) and then you're told to go ahead and change into your pajamas (Garden Goddess is in the room). In your room, there is a camera with a microphone aimed at your bed, but other than that it's just like any hotel room you have ever stayed in. After you are in your jammies, they start putting wires all over your head, chest, neck, and legs plus the oxygenation sensor on your finger tip.

Friday night I got hooked up with all. They get all bundled together in kind of a loose pony tail. These make it rather difficult to turn over in bed, to say the least. My tech only woke me once because one of the EEG sensors was bad and needed to be changed out. I thought I would get lots of sleep. WRONG! And let me tell you, 5:30 a.m. came way too soon! However, I was told that I could go home to sleep some more, as long as I didn't sleep all day.

Saturday night, we went through the same wiring. The only thing that was different was the CPAP mask, which fit over my nose. However, the straps holding this contraption fit over the top of my head and around the back. Let's just say I had strap marks for several hours the next morning. Sleeping (or trying to sleep) with this thing on was horrendous! And the Saturday night tech woke me at least four times to adjust different sensors, plus she had the heater on and it must have been 75 degrees in my previously comfy room. I tossed, I turned, and I sweated. It was not a good night! Now I get to wait until the doctor's office calls for my next appointment to go over the results. Hey doc, guess what? I don't get much sleep!! So, we'll see what happens.

I've been beading today. I went to pick T-man up from work (it's one of his early days) and Little Miss A should be home any minute now. I was beading a book mark for her, and it's all finished. She will be happy. The next project is one of my new patterns. It's odd -- I'm not a big fan of peyote stitch, but everything I have to do right now seems to be peyote stitch. Hmmmm . . .

I love this quote from Albert Einstein: “The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.” Just think on that a while, and I'll be back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not a big fan of peyote stitch?? Why was everything I beaded for you done in peyote then (once upon a time when I used to be a Bead Angel too)?
Cat

Bead-Mused said...

Because I didn't like doing peyote and you agreed to?? Besides, you do such nice peyote work, and those are still some of my most popular pieces! And it's not that I just can't stand it, it's that I'd much rather do herringbone!
Hugs!
T