Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Made Something Yesterday

Big BeadsMy goodness, what big beads you have! I realize Mardi Gras was last week, but just could not resist showing you this picture.

It is true that I made something yesterday, something with beads and a needle and thread. I stitched one of Deb Moffett-Hall's crystal ornaments for my mom. I stitched the Winter Birds, because my mother is a bird watcher. And I really like Deb's patterns.

Today A is home with an upset tummy (although she seems to be fine right now). It's gorgeous outside, so I'm going to open the blinds, turn on my work lights and see what comes out of the needle today. I've got a couple of things that need to get finished, so I'll probably work on them. But not until I've looked at my new books! That's right, I haven't really looked at them yet! Well, hell's bells, why am I sitting at the computer?? Why didn't you nudge me when you heard this news?

Today's quote:

The life of the creative man is lead, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes. Saul Steinberg

I'm off to avoid boredom!

0 comments: