Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Herding Chickens

Someone opened the chicken coop door last night or this morning. When Ariel went out to feed them this morning, they were all around the yard rather than in it. She ran back to the house, pretty upset. It was fairly easy to get them back in, though. They love corn cobs! T-man is ready to make booby traps. I just love living with Wilderness Man (Jeremiah Johnson is one of his fave movies). He promises it will just scare the shit out of someone, not hurt them. It will probably scare the shit out of me!

I'm not typing much today. I must run Natalie's lunch to her in a bit. You have new places to visit over there on the right-hand side of the monitor. I'm still trying to get some new Etsy items up before summer is totally over. It's less than four weeks before school starts for Ariel. It's hard to believe it's that soon, but it is. We have had 37 days of 100° plus so far this year, not including today which has also been predicted to be over 100°. That's 37 out of 202 days! I am ready for October.

I'm also stitching away on sample number two. It is very slow going as I have chosen 15° for the base. Yes, yes, I admit it. I believe beading should be masochistic. Why else would we all participate in a delightful pastime wherein we pierce our fingers with sharp needles? Bead away, my beadlings, bead away.

0 comments: