Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday? Really?

I measured the days this week by when Ariel's birthday fell. A skewed calendar, but it worked. So in our part of the world, yesterday was a national holiday. But she had a wonderful day, which is all that matters.

I've been slogging away on this pink and gold piece and I have begun to hate it. Yes, I hate it. The execution is not such that it should have taken five weeks. I had certain things on the movie screen in my brain that just did not pan out in real beads. I hate it because I have spent five weeks doing mostly unbeading. Sheesh. I am so ready to be working on something else, but I'm almost finished. I'm down to nothing but the clasp. And no, I'm sorry, no pictures until this fall. Oh, and the Fly Pen is kind of slowing me down, so I'm pretty sure it will be Ariel's when school starts next month. I am not used to taking the time to print, and it doesn't pick up all of my shorthand. So it's back to multi-colored pens and big, thick binders for me. It's time to stock up again.

So, that's all for today. No imaginative insights, no thoughtful musings on life or creativity. My brain is an empty vessel today. In fact when I sneeze, it rings like a bell! HAH! Go forth and bead.

0 comments: