Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Musings

For the first time in I don't know how long, I slept through the entire night and I did it with the CPAP on all night, again for the very first time. I truly do not know what to think of this. It may take a few waking hours to wrap my brain around the concept.

I'm trying to finish one last project for seminar, which will be a pattern only. I may kit them later, but if I do so they will be limited edition kits due to the presence of some vintage beads. We'll see how that goes. And I've got an easy one to finish, which will also be a limited edition due to the presence of some Pam beads. She can only work so fast, you know!

What did I do all weekend? Well, I typed and I stitched. I watched some really bad TV while I stitched. I played with the chickens and the kittens, and that's about it. Pretty boring, huh? T-man has almost finished the chickens' new home and he's complaining that their house may be better built than ours. It's made of insulated tin on a pier and beam foundation, secured so that critters can't get my chickens. There is ceramic tile on the floor (some we got free off Craig's list). We had read on the Internet that someone else did this because it made it easier to clean the hen house. It seemed sensible to T-man, so that's what he did. There are windows for air flow, little chicken doors and a full-sized Theresa door. And last, but not least, they have a big yard. And all of this is being done with the capability to expand and add more cluckers in the future. Yes, that is correct, more chickens next year. And we are again discussing goats. There is a reason, and I'm trying to make it rational.

As some of you know, the light of my life, the fire in my heart, the man to whom I pledged my troth is a doomer. Yes, yes, it's true I married a conspiracy theorist who is convinced the end of the world is nearing. In order to survive, we must become self-sufficient and get off the grid.

Okay, I can deal with some of this. I like being self-sufficient. I like having things that make us the money to obtain things that otherwise would not be obtainable. I like the idea of selling eggs, chickens, veggies, herbs, flowers and goat cheese in order to obtain those nifty, needful things. I like the idea of having a windmill so that I don't feel like we are the majority supporter of the electric co-op. These are good things. So I go along with all the other crap that he believes. That's what love is, kids. So I googled some things yesterday on farmlettes, urban homesteading and the like. Some of it was very interesting (I will not mind having a farmlette) and some of it was a bit over the top. Again, this is what constitutes love in my book. I just go with the flow and tell him when I'm tired of listening to it. *sigh*

Well, I've had my first cup of coffee and if I don't move from here to the sofa, I won't get that project finished. Obviously, there is no such thing as beading elves to do it for me. Maybe I should leave brownies out? Nope, that would just draw ants. Anyway, happy beading to you. I hope you have a lovely Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't leave the brownies out; they get angry. You put milk out to get brownies. I don't know what attracts elves. Both can be mischievous, so you may not want to get any. The chickens will probably be enough havoc.
Carol

Bead-Mused said...

Hmmm . . .
Maybe I can teach the chickens to bead? Nah, probably not!
T

Anonymous said...

If you could get them to eat the beads, maybe you could get beaded eggs?

Bead-Mused said...

Now that would be a hoot! But I would hate to put the Easter Bunny out of business!
T