Monday, May 12, 2008

Looming On The Horizon!

Seminar is just around the corner, and I feel like I have a million things to do with time for only a hundred. My calm has dissipated. My serenity is full of choppy waves. Crapola, what to do, what to do, what to do?

Yesterday was Mothers' Day. I was presented with a lovely breakfast in bed, complete with a vase of pink evening primroses. "Did you know I pulled those out of the yard, Mommy?" She fixed me waffles and an egg, sunny side up. And there was plenty of coffee. Then I spent the morning and part of the afternoon driving from here to Buda, to Austin, to San Marcos. We now have all the parts for the hen house and yard. T-man got a good part of it put up yesterday afternoon while Ariel and I went BACK to Austin to hunt for items to make her science fair project, which is MANDATORY (oh, give me a break!). Unfortunately, Natalie had gone to an out-of-town wedding, but has promised me a belated Mothers' Day weekend. And I'll go visit my mom next week and take her a lovely, living gift.

As for today, I have a bit of paperwork to get out of the way for seminar. Then it's beading. I've got beads for the kits on the way, which will make the end of the week pretty busy. I've got patterns to print and some organizing to do for the table. Fortunately for me, Clara has offered to be my helper for the Fiesta Market portion of seminar. Yeah Clara! She's like me, working from home, and able to help out. And I'll get to spend some more time with the other High Priestesses of the Temple of the Goddess of Beading that weekend. And to top it all off, there are the ladies (and gentlemen) of the EGA to spend time with. But I swear I will sleep for two days straight after I get home.

So, I'm off to do what I must do! Check the blogs over there on the right, as there are many amusing updates. And for all you creative types, here's the quote of the day, week, month, whatever:
When you follow your bliss… doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors; and where there wouldn’t be a door for anyone else.
Joseph Campbell

0 comments: