Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baby Bird Has Flown The Coop . . . .

©2005 Theresa Buchle
Well, yesterday was a milestone. Natalie has moved into her own place. Keep in mind that half of her stuff is still here, but she did spend the night in the apartment last night. Her reaction to leaving really surprised me. It would seem that my baby has some misgivings about being a grown-up after all. Natalie's classes start on Wednesday, which doesn't give her much time to get settled. Annabelle is still here for a few days, though. And Natalie's 20th birthday is next week, so this weekend is to be spent with both families.

Ariel's first day of middle school went swimmingly! She came home with the glad news that she has made two new friends! And she got to have lunch with Emmie. And she has theater as her last class. She is in a new program called "Explorers". It was set up so that students can experience several different types of electives. She has theater, Spanish and two others that she cannot remember, but she swears it will be great!

Our 12th anniversary is tomorrow. T-man is taking the entire day off and is mentioning the motorcycle. Maybe the weather will hold. We'll have to wait and see. The weather may hold, but I'm not sure I like the idea of riding in 100° with 80% humidity! Can you say "sweaty helmet hair"? Yuck.

And with that, I bid you adieu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaawwwww ( ' ~ ' )!
I can't believe the babies are soo grown up. N - getting her own place(congrats to her)I can't believe she's going to be 20 (hooray another birthday month). A - starting middle school, it's hard to believe so much time has passed.

Kudos, to T-n-T (you and T-man) on the anniversary. You must have been newlyweds too when we all 11yrs ago.

Congrats to all.

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

They grow way to fast! And we were definitely newlyweds when we first met you and Ernie. My, my, my how time flies!
T