Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Totally Pissed Off!!

UPDATE: It's gone, along with a couple of others I didn't know were there. Check out Clara's comment below. I've never had much luck with Norton or McAfee. The nice thing about Spybot is that it was created specifically to get rid of adware, spyware and malware, which Norton and McAfee just don't. And avast! sends off these whooping alarms, which can scare the crap out of you. The only problem there is the human factor -- I could not sever the connection fast enough. But all is well now, and I am a happy surfer once again. I am half way through the newest project, which is a beaded business card holder. It's an elegant design, and will be offered in several color palettes. It will be unveiled in a few months, so you will have to be patient. Adios, amigos!

I am soooo pissed off. Yesterday I was surfing for Christmas crafts for A so she would have something to do during the holidays. I clicked on a site and got a freaking trojan called "SpyShredder" and now I'm working to get rid of it. So, until it is gone, no emails from me to you. I've got the virus scan running, I'm clearing out all the files for this pain in the ass, and then I will run Spybot. Spybot -- it's a good thing. So now you know what I'll be doing all day. While everything is being cleaned up, I'll bead. Checking the computer will give me a good reason to get up and move on a regular basis.

If you should have this happen to you, DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING SPYSHREDDER!! It is a fraud. They fool you into thinking you must buy it to get rid of it, and it will infect your entire system and you will have to take your computer out and shoot it! Okay, maybe not that, but you will spend considerable time and money getting it fixed. T-man recommeds avastAntiVirus, Spybot and Registry Medic. They are all free and they do they job, and they will all three be run on this computer today. Crikey, I hate this. Too bad the people who create these things don't use their power for good. GGRRRRRRRR!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual a timely subject. We just updated our Spybot. This morning we are getting rid of something called "Adware Alert", I imagine it's similar to what you are dealing with. We have been unable to dispose of it, hopefully this will work. Our "Norton" although updated, failed to stop it. My desktop has been down for 2 months. Don't want to jinx it but, Hoorah!!! I think Ernie's done it.

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

Clara, tell Ernie to check into avast! and Zone Alarm. I do believe T-man is getting us a new version of Zone Alarm, which we have had before. And make sure Spybot gets updated weekly. Good luck!!
hugs!
T

Anonymous said...

We had ZoneAlarm. I never did find out why Ernie let it go. (I'm not sure about Avast. Not sure I'm comfortable knowing that sooner or later is going to scare the crap out of me.)And, once again, I too am a happy surfer. : )

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

The last time T-man updated Zone Alarm, it didn't work well with the avast!, and I prefer the latter. The Zone Alarm had a tendency to mess with my emails. But you know, that avast! alarm certainly lets you know when something is wrong!!!

T

Anonymous said...

Ooooops! Spoke too soon. It's still there.

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

Oh, that's not good. N is going to check at work and see what they recommend. I'll pass it along to you.
T