Sunday, September 7, 2008

You Blog Why?

When I first decided to blog, I looked at it as a way of advertising what it is I do for a living. Intertwined with that, I wanted you to get a glimpse of the life that makes me who I am. Like the title says, musings on beads and beading, art, life, and whatever else.

As I started blogging, I started making friends with a few cyber-celebrities (you know who you are) here and there, mostly in the art/craft/design world. I started linking to their blogs with links back to mine, which is a high form of cyber-compliment. I also followed links from links from links. I read bead magazines, mixed media art publications, fashion magazines, stitching magazines, fiber arts publications --- whatever it has taken to keep my eye on what's going on in the world of indie design. What I have also tried to keep doing is provide you with plenty of places to look for ideas, inspiration, instruction, and impetus to let you see that you could have a life doing what you love and actually make money with it. I've linked to the web sites of some people who inspire me greatly. I've linked to the blogs of some people who have taught me alot about business in this cyber age. Jeez, if I had known some of this stuff 12 years ago when I started Bumble Beadstm . . . . but that's water under the bridge as they say, and I have moved on to what I believe are better avenues of adventure for me.

Anyway, the point is that I'm trying to offer you more than just an entertaining picture of me running around the yard in my jammies, chasing escaped chickens with Natalie's puppy at my heels. Hopefully you are taking something away that helps you realize your dream of being an artist,

or a cyber-celebrity!

So, if you have found a web site or blog that you think might fit in with what I'm trying to provide over there on the right-hand side of the page, send me a link so I can look at it. You can comment (you don't need a Google ID to comment, you know) or you can hit the "email me" link over there and drop me a line to let me know what you have found. Keep in mind that I'm looking for artistic beading, bead artists, fiber artists . . . . just check out some of the links to get a good idea. But to me the best ones are the ones who say "this is how I took my dream and made a successful business of it".

And next week, I'll let you in on a few of those secrets that I used and am still using. In the meantime, happy surfing and let me know what you find!

0 comments: