Monday, April 13, 2009

Frustration

I'm trying to take photos today and so far it is NOT going well. I've tried the table top studio with the spot lights in as many different places as possible, I've tried no table top set up, no lights, inside, outside, sunlight, shade. I even put it on Stinker's lovely black fur. CRIKEY! Nothing is working. The only things I have not tried is T-man's camera (which doesn't give me the detail I like), the scanner (which is not set up to function with the lap top) and a different day of the week (after all, it is Monday). To top it all off, every time I pick up the computer to check the photos, Bella wants to sit in my lap. Poor baby, I think she's feeling my frustration and trying to comfort me.

I really would like (and need) to be able to pretty much point and shoot and get a good photo with my digital camera. Am I asking too much? I really don't think so. I do think I need a new camera and have been actively shopping for one. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I (expletive) love my camera, it's an Olympus 565uz. It was between this one and the Cannon sx10 and the Fuji finepix2000. The Fuji, I couldn't find one to try out, I later discovered it doesn't have nearly enough setting options. I tried the Cannon and the Olympus side by side. The photo quality for beads was much better with the Olympus. It was well worth the $400 price tag (the price may have gone down by now). The Olympus does take and XD chip(more expensive), but the camera came with a microSD adapter(thank goodness). I went to the Camera Exchange in SA. Their customer service was awesome, they even let me take some practice shots of the random beads in my purse(labradorite, the Olympus actually caught the blue sheen and detail much better than the Cannon). All three are point and shoots.

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

I remember you telling me how you got to do test shots of the beads. I love your camera! I'll have to check into pricing, though. That one may have to be purchased at a later date as I believe I can only afford a "little sister" to it!

Anonymous said...

T, I really like my Kodak (model escapes me) but I have to say, I really wish I'd waited and saved a little longer and bought the camera I really, really wanted... namely a digital SLR! I reasoned that with Victoria's dance stuff almost over I really didn't need a big expensive camera so settled! Wrong!! Although I really love my camera, I would have been happier and been able to do more with the "camera of my dreams". So, just a tidbit about not settling if at all possible... FWIW!! g

Bead-Mused said...

Sweetie, I have NEVER believed in settling for ANYTHING! LOL -- I'm shopping and pricing, believe me!

Anonymous said...

Hey T! I put the call out to some really talented online photog friends. One of them suggested that www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/ might be a good place to start. Hope this helps.

Clara

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Chica! I'll give it a look-see.