Monday, April 20, 2009

Forget The Housework, Here Are The New Photos

I want you to know that there is now a clear spot in front of me where before there definitely was not! So there!

It's sunny, so I took a couple of photos. Atlantis is finished:

Atlantis ©2009 Theresa Buchle
Atlantis ©2009 Theresa Buchle

And here are some lovelies from my back yard. First is the antique rose that blooms outside my bathroom, right by my tub. I'm not sure what type it is, but the cutting came from the family cemetery that goes back a century or so:

©2009 Theresa Buchle

And this is called Blue Eyed Grass (Sisyrinchium spp.). T-man actually mowed around the clumps of flowers yesterday:

©2009 Theresa Buchle

And this is my prickly pear flower(Opuntia lindheimeri):

©2009 Theresa Buchle

Other things are blooming, like the pink evening primrose and rain lilies, so I'll try to get pictures of them this week. Unfortunately no bluebonnets came up this year. Plus, I'm halfway through another new bracelet called Fantasia.

So I ask you, who needs to do housework?

2 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Love the new piece!!!!!!

And I'm a fool for blue flowers so that blue-eyed grass has me envious. My rain lilies won't say hi until it actually does rain (watering won't do) in July ;( , but the Mexican primrose (which is probably the same as your pink evening) is having fun peaking out from under the hedges. When we moved in here 10 years ago, the bed under the kitchen window was overrun with them, so I got radical. Now I only have a few odd shoots that come up as pink surprises.

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks, Carol Dean. I love it when you admire my work.

I learned to love wildflowers from my grandmother and my mother. To my grandmother, they were just as precious as expencive orchids. And my mom just loves the explosion of color. I'm lucky that T-man is willing to mow only patches in the springtime!