Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Here I Am!

Well, I'm back and I am utterly exhausted. T-man has convinced me to take a few days off, doing nothing more taxing than taking care of the chickens and the cats. Okay, I can do that.

I had such a marvelous time at seminar! I had fun, I met some new friends, ran into some old friends, and even had a trip down memory lane. There are not enough words to describe what a good time I had. The only downside to trips like this is eating restaurant food every day, morning, noon and night. Unfortunately, most pre-made foods come with MSG and it does not take much to do me in. This year, it settled in my knees and I would ache every night. But, it will all be better by the end of this week -- lots of salads and water to flush the MSG out of my system.

I had five new beaders in my larger class. They are now converts to the seed bead side (insert Darth Vader noises here). My mission to cover the world in size 15° beads moves forward!

Many, many thanks to the San Antonio Needlework Guild for the hospitality and to the South Central Region Seminar board for a fantastic seminar, and to Clara who gave up her day to come sit with me behind a table and talk beads to anyone who happened to stop by. I'm off for today so I can keep my promise to my hubby, but I'll be back tomorrow with bead musings, as always. And as my tiny friend Luke says "Later, Dudes!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww shucks T. You know I was happy to do it. Thank you for joining us for dinner. Maybe next time T-man can join us for pizza too. We'll have to make sure Patty has her famously-orgasmic-fan-damntastic-cheescake. Yummm-o!

Bead-Mused said...

You are a peach! And let me tell you how, for the past 14 years, I have heard that what we have down here is NOT real pizza! I have yet to describe to him the pizza I had, for fear he will declare "ROAD TRIP" and I won't be able to find the place again!
Thank you so much, Chica! And I'm glad the other things came thru!
Hugs!
T

Anonymous said...

If he declares a road trip, let us know. They are closed on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday thru Friday they open 11a-2p and 5p-9p. Saturday is all day. Besides I know this is genuine pizza, I am married to New Yorker,South Bronx to be exact. I heard the same thing for many years, until we discovered Florio's. Now if Dad were alive, he'd say that's not pizza either. He was stationed in Italy during WWII. Need I say more.

Clara