Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party Swap/Hop





Well, I won't ever try to schedule a post again. This was supposed to pop up in the wee hours of the morning. My apologies, beadlings!

Ta-da! My finished piece with the beads provided to me by Skylar. I did not use all of the beads she sent, so look for additional pieces coming soon. I will add a bit about the beads used. The focal and lampwork glass are from Crystal Brashear of Rubyroo Glass Art. (Crystal is a fellow Texan.) The crystal rounds are some Chinese crystal I picked up somewhere along the way. They sparkle purple and green - yum! There are amethyst fire polished beads sent by Skylar and some faceted alexandrite glass, which totally surprised me. I really thought those faceted tabs were serpentine jade, but no - they turned blue when I pulled the piece out to show someone. But that particular blue is still echoed in the streamers on the focal. There are some metallic bronze glass spacers, a few faceted green spacers that accompanied the lampwork,  and of course the lovely grape leaf focal, all supplied by Skylar.

So the idea now is to hop from blog to blog in the party and see all the participants' finished pieces!

The Participants (Matched By Partner)
Hostess, Lori Anderson
Special Book Sneak Peeks, Cindy Wimmer

1. Adlinah Kamsir(Singapore) and Hajer Waheed (Kingdom of Bahrain)

2. Adrienn Lukacs (Hungary) and Agata Grygiel (Poland)

3. Agi Kiss (Hungary) and Carolien Muller-Genger (the Netherlands)

4. Agnes Asztalos (Hungary) and B.R. Kuhlman



7.Alicia Marinache (Canada) and Dita Basu








15.Bonnie Coursolle (Canada) and Fay Wolfenden (Canada)

16. Carmel McGinley (Australia) and Tracy Stillman (Australia)





21. Cheryl Brown (Canada) and Diana Ptaszynski

22. Christina Stofmeel (the Netherlands) and Eva Kovacs (Hungary)


24.Cilla Watkins (Canada) and Elaine Robitaille (Canada)

25.Sabrina Straub (Switzerland) and Kathy Combs







32. Dee Elgie (UK) and Joanne Lockwood (UK)

33. Dian Hierschel (Germany) and Eniko Fabian (Austria)




37. Doris Stumpf (Germany) and Eszter Czibulyas (Hungary)




41.Erika Nooteboom (the Netherlands) and Giorgia Rossini (Italy)


43.Evelyn Duberry (Canada) and Gaea Cannaday


45. Ginger Bishop (military, Okinawa) and Martina Nagele (Germany)



48. Helene Goldberg (Australia) and Karen Vincent






54.Joanna Matuszczyk (Poland) and Julianna Kis (Hungary)

55.Joanne Tinley (UK) and Michaela Pabeschitz (Austria)










65. Kristina Johansson (Sweden) and Penny Neville (Canada)

66. Krisztina Erlaki-Toth (Hungary) and Nicole Keller (Germany)










76. Lori Finney (Canada) and Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Canada)


78. Marta Kaczerowska (Poland) and Milla Starchik (Canada)





83. Michelle Jensen and Sandra Young (Canada)










93. Sabine Dittrich (Germany) and Sally Russick




97. Sonya Stille and Traci Zeller (Canada)

98. Stefanie Teufel (Germany) and Tania Hagen (New Zealand)




Well, that's a hop! I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great weekend!


73 comments:

MyDias Jewelry said...

It is pretty!!! Classic and trend at once. Love the focal beads so much.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you! The photos do not do them justice and they were wonderful to play with.

~.~

Unknown said...

Theresa! Wow! I love how the necklace turned out! Such a beautiful use of the gubbyroo beads!
It was so much fun to have you as my partner in this lovely journey!

Giorgia Rossini said...

good job!it's very pretty :)
I'm a partecipant from Italy, I'm trying to visit all of you.
this was really a great experience!
ciao ciao

Bead-Mused said...

Skylar! Thank you! Those are such gorgeous beads. My bestie is receiving that necklace as a gift tomorrow - it just became her as I worked.

I have so enjoyed our emails. Keep in touch?

~.~

Bead-Mused said...

Grazie, Jo. I'm hopping myself.

Ciao!
~.~

Moobie Grace said...

I love your focal, and the color combination and girlie design is a perfect match!!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you so much! Much of the credit goes to my partner Skylar - she put together the soup, I just went from there.

~.~

elisabeth said...

Great necklace! Love the bright colors!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Elisabeth!

~.~

Joanne said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the colours and you have mixed them so well! Lovely :) x

Jenn said...

What a beautiful, spring combo! So excited to see what you make with the rest later!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Jenn! I have already got one idea sketched and have started pulling the beads for it. Pics to post soon!

~.~

Alice said...

I love your necklace. I has a very romantic, elegant look. Beautiful!

Karyn B said...

Lovely beads, and a lovely necklace!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Alice!

~.~

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Karyn!

~.~

Marie Cramp said...

You had some really lovely beads to work with! Great job :)

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you Marie!

~.~

Bead-Mused said...

Jo! I almost missed you up there - thank you for the lovely compliment!

~.~

Lori Anderson said...

Beautiful colors, and so pretty! great work!

I hope you'll join me again in the summer!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Lori! And I would love to do this again!!

~.~

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Oooh, I love the way you put this together! Such a beautiful piece :)

WindDancerStudios said...

Yummy soup you have there!! LOVE the soft colors and the way you've arranged them!

Lisa Michele Creations said...

You made a gorgeous necklace with your lamp work glass beads..amazing...would be lovely in a flower nursery gift shop or an English Tea party..to wear the necklace to that..lol
very nice!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work. Pretty soup and pretty design.

Wendy said...

Very pretty! Love the spring colors!

Metal Me This said...

Stunning necklace! I love the colors.

Pelima Jewellery Design said...

Gorgeous colours. You have made a stunning necklace that highlights that focal beautifully.

adlinah said...

Oh my goodness, that necklace is just so so pretty! I love the colours - the beads look good enough to eat :-)

Alicia said...

That was a pretty soup and you simmered it very, very well. Full of colour and flavour - I like it!

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty! I love how the milky pink beads balance everything.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you all so much! I had a great mix to work with.

~.~

Mariposa said...

OMG, those lampworks are gorgeous!

Spirited Earth said...

love what you created with your soup mix

Cindy Cima said...

Beautiful necklace! (I make my husband schedule my blog post - he is my personal techy.)

Mandi Ainsworth said...

Those Texans are soooo talented ;) (I'm from Austin currently living in Dallas, hehe.) Great piece, Theresa, very simple and chic with such a powerful focal. It also helps when you have a great muse. She will LOVE.

Bead-Mused said...

LOL, Mandi - thanks! I'm just south of Austin. The recipient got to see the necklace before y'all did & she gets to take it home today!

Cindy, I actually figured out what I did wrong after I manually posted the blog. duh - it was a dumb mistake.

Nan, thank you! Martina, they are fabulous, aren't they? They helped create the piece.

~.~

Brittany Kuhlman, COC, CPC, CCC said...

Your design turned out so elegant! I love that Chinese crystal you added. The color goes along perfectly. Great work!

*Kel* said...

I love faceted gemstone beads! But the color changing beads intrigued me the most here. Wonderfully executed! Gorgeous!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you so much. I will try to get a photo of the alexandrite glass in their "disguise" before they leave today!

~.~

Jean said...

wonderful piece!! love the colors reminds me of easter!!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

What a challenging focal! I'm always stumped when I have such a large color combo to choose from. You've done such a beautiful job complementing it. Wonderful piece!

Cornerstoregoddess said...

Oooooh! Gorgeous colors! Such a pretty piece.

Jean A. Wells said...

That focal bead is gorgeous and your necklace really does it justice. Very very nice. Great job!

Kat BM said...

really nice balance of colors to go with the lampwork

Rebecca said...

Very pretty! I love the colours, classic and elegant.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you all so much!

~.~

Anonymous said...

Your necklace came out stunning. You received amazing soup ingredients and I love how you brought everything together!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you so much!

~.~

LoriF said...

Very, very pretty and feminine!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I laughed when I read your first paragraph - my "scheduled posts" have never posted!!!! Your piece is so happy and fresh - perfect for springtime, which seems to have come early for most folks. Lovely job!

Bead-Mused said...

Oh Patti, it was a comedy of errors and had to do with yours truly not choosing A.M. or P.M. correctly. Now laugh. :)

Thank you all for the compliments. I truly appreciate them.

~.~

la mar de bonita said...

Purple and green always let my heart beat a little bit faster - and so your design do ;0) A wonderful necklace!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Michi! I am coveting that bracelet with copper that you made!

vonna said...

The amethyst beads really make this piece stand out without taking away from the lampwork! Very pretty and full of springtime!

Kathy Lindemer said...

I love the very feminine necklace that you created. The purple and greens are lovely together.

Maneki said...

What a pretty and romantic summer necklace! Yes, alexandrite (and cantaloupe and french rose for that matter) can be a fun colour-changing colour, but sometimes a less fun surprise if a designer isn't prepared for it. Glad to see both colour "modes" worked with your design.

Great job!

Shai Williams said...

Love the necklace! Definitely something that I would wear. Also had to chuckle about your surprise with the beads.

Stacey said...

Very very pretty. Just like an English garden...

Anonymous said...

Very lovely focal and you made a beautiful necklace.

Lisa said...

You made a gorgeous necklace with those pretty floral lampwork beads. Really beautiful!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

What a lovely design! Great color combination and pattern. The focal bead is wonderful.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you all so much. It was easy to make a gorgeous piece when I was sent such gorgeous beads to work with!

Michelle said...

So pretty! I love the color combos.

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I think your necklace is really pretty! Love all the colors. Great job.
Sonya

Charlie said...

What a beautiful necklace. I am sure your friend must love it!

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks, Charlie. She wore it to work & it got rave reviews. I just "fits" her.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Sonya!

~.~

CraftyHope said...

You created a really sweet necklace. There's just something so garden-like and Victorian almost about it. Great job!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you! The beads did all the work. ;)

~.~

Jennifer Cameron said...

Absolutely stunning. The focal is amazing and you really did it justice.

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Jennifer!

~.~