Thursday, August 20, 2009

Walk, Walk, Walk

Hey there, beadlings! How are you? I've missed you. Me? I'm great. It's one week after surgery and I can actually walk short distances without assistance. About an hour ago, I walked over to the earring-making table and put something together. I'll go finish them later.

Being in the hospital for almost week was not much fun. I had little computer access, which was really frustrating. BUT I had a wonderful roommate who reminded me of my late grandmother and I had wonderful nurses and aides who made my stay a little more enjoyable. I'm told that when I go back in a few weeks for the other knee that I'll receive VIP status. Now if I could just get gourmet meals next time, I'd be a happier camper. I've had a visit from the home health care nurse who was amazed at my mobility and today the home health care physical therapist will come by. I feel so special. My nurse actually makes jewelry herself, so we actually had things in common other than my knee. She also travels with doggy treats in her bag, so she made an instant friend in Bella.

I need to put together a giveaway, but it may be a couple of weeks since I'll need to be able to dig through the stash (yes, a destash giveaway). I'll let you know as soon as I put something together.

So there you have it. I'm home, I'm fine, I'm progressing and I'm getting back into my groove. I'm knitting baby wraps for the grandbabies, stitching Christmas stockings with their names on them, making earrings and beading bracelet samples. Who could ask for more than that? Keep on beading on!!

4 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Welcome home, dear lady :D I'm so glad you're ambulatin'

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks, CD. It's great to be up & around!

Mary Newton Designs said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Keep up the good work!

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks, Mary! I'm looking forward to a time when we can get together.