Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It Hatched! It Hatched!


Okay, I don't want you to get too excited, but my news is finally ready to be told. Here you go: (taking deep breath)

I am going back to school to earn a new degree in the Science of Nutrition and then I will earn a Master's in Public Health. Due to some of my own issues as well as everything that little Marshall is going through, I started developing an interest in this field. After researching, I also found out that this is a wide open field of employment in Central Texas. This is not taking into account that we really need a second income -- I would like to be able to take trips with my girls, my son-in-law and my grandsons some day.

This won't interfere too much with the beading, so don't worry. There will still be plenty of musings to come and there may be some other surprises at the beginning of the year. Like I've been saying, I'm undergoing a metamorphosis of the greatest magnitude. Told ya so! My New Year will be quite different this time around. But I will keep you updated with all the craziness that surrounds me.

So, I leave you with thoughts of a very Merry Christmas (or insert the holiday of giving that you choose) and a Happy New Year! Thank you for playing along with me -- I really enjoyed the interactions, and look forward to many MANY more! ♥

14 comments:

Mary Newton Designs said...

Congratulations, best of luck!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Ms. Mary!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O man!! I thought...BIRDS!!...she's been talkin about BIRDS!! ~lol~

Big Congratulations. Its the very best thing you could do and I think that field is wide open just about everywhere.

I'm so happy for you....and GLAD it wasn't BIRDS!!

Merry Christmas right back to you.

Bead-Mused said...

LOL! OMG NO! NO BIRDS! Our hens lay one or two eggs per day, which is not enough for chicks. We'll get those in the spring. Totally different topic.

Nope, been hatching plans for the future. Just think of the new stories this will provide. ;)

Thanks, Carol!

susanc said...

Congratulations! Best of luck to you and a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year! :)

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Susan!

Carol B said...

Congratulations and best wishes! There is so much being discovered these days about how nutrition affects health. It sounds like a wide-open field that can use smart, talented and dedicated people like you.

Bead-Mused said...

Thanks, Carol! I appreciated those words more than you know!!

Carol said...

good for you! i am excited for you and know that you will be great at this!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Carol!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Oh, what exciting times await you, my friend! I'm proud of you :D Congratulations! (Wishing you a drawer-full of spoons!)

Bead-Mused said...

CD, part of the beauty of online classes is that it makes those spoon needy days a little easier. Thanks you so much for the well-wishes!

Bead-Mused said...

Thank you, Lori!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.