Thursday, July 9, 2009

Labors Of Love

I have had a small "to-do" list this week, each item a labor of love -- a beadwork submission, a letter of reference and a birthday gift. I'm submitting piece for a challenge that, if I win, will result in publication. Yes, it's true, I've done it. I spent several hours crafting a letter of reference for one my dearest friends (by the way, she has started blogging again). Lest you think she is searching for a new job, relax. It was just a formality for her current position. And I'm going to make a special birthday gift for a friend who was lost and has come back. We've both learned not to listen to others, but to our own hearts. I'm glad to have her back in my life. I'll have pictures of her gift AFTER she opens it. And I have completed two out of the three items! I love crossing things off the list.

Otherwise, life is a lot of "wait and see" right now, full of appointments with various doctors. Next week I'll have dates for when what gets done. Ugh. I'm not looking forward to the process, but I eagerly anticipate the results. Not exactly the changes I had in mind, but it's a "step" (ha-ha) in the right direction.

0 comments: